Monday, November 26, 2007

out the door, wondering, bday pics

Well, we have one foot out the door so to speak. All bags are packed and weighed except one that is missing only the cosmetics. Even though I have weighed the bags and each weigh in at 44.2 or lower, I really have no idea of actual weight since everytime I put them on the scale, the weight kept going up (and nothing was changing) so I guess we will need to wait until we get to the airport to find out the actuals. Fingers crossed that we are actually a little less than that or else we won't be able to buy any souvenirs in Beijing (unless we can wear them in layers on our bodies:-)). Wed is the day - coming up quick and it can not happen soon enough.

Chloe told me last night before going to bed, in between tears:

"I'm not ready to go to China and I am not NOT READY for a baby sister!".

I have to admit, I did somewhat expect this and she has been acting 'not herself" the last week so I think the whole reality of this is starting to hit home for her. She did mention that she wants to spend more time with just her and I. This will be rough to say the least but all we can do at this point is take this day by day and get through it. I am sure we will be ok on the back end, I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I can hold on to my patience (what's left) and remember what it is about from her eyes...

We had Chlo's bday party early this year as we will be enroute to Nanning on her actual bday. We did the movie again (last year was Happy Feet), this year the movie was Mr. McGoriums Wonder Emporium - a very cute movie but a few of the kids were getting restless the last 30 minutes so I think it was a tad too long for this age group.

I've posted some pics below.

We were driving around yesterday running errands (as usual):

Chloe: Mommy?
Me: Yes dear
Chloe: I wonder about stuff
Me: You do?
Chloe: Yep, I always am wondering about stuff
Me: What kind of stuff?
Chloe: Hmmmm, I don't know, lots of stuff... I wonder about my body, how it works. I wish I could see inside my body mommy!"
Me: Yeah, the body is pretty amazing isn't it? Maybe you will grow up to be a doctor and then you can learn about the body.
Chloe: No, I want to be a teacher.
Me: Hmmm, a teacher would be good too. Maybe you'll be a doctor who teaches other doctors about the body.
Chloe: Maybe









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim ~
safe travels and best of luck.
It's a big change in Chloe's world, but she will be a great big sister, in her own time.

Ada