Monday, October 29, 2007

Hannah Montana, Boys, age disparity

Update: This just in: TAs are on their way - according to my agency we should see these tomorrow. That is great news - now we just need the confirmation of CA and we can start making travel plans. I am hoping since we received TA so quickly that we will actually be able to travel the week of 11/25 - fingers crossed anyway.

Well I was hoping I would have some pics to post of the HM concert but I haven’t picked them up yet and even when I do, they most likely won’t be good enough to scan and post (used a disposable since I didn’t know what the rules were on cameras and didn’t want to have to walk all the way back to the car to deposit my Sony if there was an issue). Anyway, Chloe was very surprised and very excited. We went downtown early so that we could get a fairly decent parking spot and eat dinner before the concert and even at 5:30 there were plenty of waves of pre-teens all dressed up in their homemade HM t-shirts. The Jonas Bros came out first to the most high pitched, ear damaging screaming I’ve ever heard in my life (and it’s not just me as Chloe had her ears covered and this complete horrified look on her face!). After the screaming stopped, I told her that if she uncovered her ears she would get used to the loudness which she did and everything was fine. For a teen show it was a really good show. HM thanked the parents quite a few times and it was all very G rated just as I’d hoped. For the encore, she sang the song “Miss you” an explained that it was for her Pappi – we’ve heard the song over and over as it is on one of Chloe’s CDs but neither one of us realized it was for her grandfather – I leaned into Chloe and mentioned that to her. Halfway through the song, I look over at Chloe and she has tears streaming down her face – all the way back to our car, she kept talking about how much she misses her grandpa. Have I mentioned how much I love this kid?

While at the restaurant – I asked Chloe if she still had a crush on David (name changed to save my daughter from embarrassment) –

Chloe: Naw

Me: Really? How come?

Chloe: I messed that up?

Me: What do you mean you messed that up?

Chloe: I can’t explain it.

Geesh – this can’t be starting already can it?

We were driving home from the club and listening to the radio.

Chloe: I was thinking….why do we always have to listen to YOUR music in the car? That’s not fair?

Me: [dang – is THIS starting already? I really like jamming to Zeppelin, Joplin and the rest on 105.9 and I really, really like Ryan the Reader guy that gives all the movie reviews on Friday mornings!] Well Chlo, I’m doing the driving and the driver has to be relaxed when they are doing the driving [see, I can be good even on the fly!]

Chloe: Oh

Me: I don’t mind sharing though, what station do you want?

Chloe 9-4-1

Me: [flipping around trying to find 94.1] Where did you hear about 94.1?

Chloe: I don’t know

Me: Who else listens to 94.1

Chloe: Everybody else

Me: Everybody else? You mean everybody else but me? Who is everybody?

Chloe: naming off the last names of all her aunts.

I guess I need to get with the program…..

No comments: