Wednesday, December 12, 2007

guangzhou - last night - proper farewell

Notice the little one snoring away on the far left? Guess who? :-)

I am adding to my last post because I don't feel like
I've given a proper farewell.

I wanted to give a proper farewell to all of my travel
companions as I feel like they have all been such a
big part of this whole experience and I will miss them
all so much. It is almost like having someone in the
delivery room with you - there is such a connection
there and it won't easily be forgotten.
Please forgive me for being such a sop!

Jeff and Kathleen - You are first because you are the
5 millionth lottery winner :-) Safe travels home! I
know your daughter will be so excited when she gets to
the airport to see you both and to meet Macy her new
babysister. Jeff - you cracked me up with your good
sport-ed-ness (is that a word?) to represent us so
gallantly during all of the actvities in Yangshou and
Guilin. Kathleen, you deserve an award for being so
open about the whole ordeal and not complaining when
your husband was whisked off for drinking and
celebration with the officals. And thanks for just
being here for the rest of us - just knowing we had a
pediatrician in the ranks was so comforting to me.

May, Gilliam and Julie and of course Sally - you guys
were awesome - thanks so much for all of your help
with everything. What a great family you have. I am
so happy May that your family was able to be a part of
all this and to support you through this process -
what a great experience you all have had. Way-Way
Madeline could not ask for better aunts and uncles.
I've no doubt that she has become so attached to all
of you and what a great Christmas she has to look
forward to seeing them all again. May, the road will
be hard (being single) but I know you will not regret
one second of it - the good far outweighs the
challenges I guarantee it!

Melinda and Tim - Melinda - you are feisty like me - I
love it!!! I was so looking forward to meeting you and
don't regret a minute. Tim - your sense of humor
cracks me up. Anna is such a little peanut - I sure
hope she is ok on your long trip home. Your boys will
be so excited to meet their babysister - I wish I
could witness the joy on their faces.

Mary Ann- you have such beautiful girls. Sarah will be
such a great big sister to Kierra. CHloe already told
me that she wanted to write Sarah a letter during our
train ride tomorrow. Please make sure to send your
address so we can keep in touch!.I wish you all the
best!

Debbie and Barry -what good sports you both are to go
through what you did on your trip here and still
arrive, meet us for dinner in Beijing with big smiles
on your faces. I can't wait to see new pics of Sophie
as she grows up.

Ron and Cabrina - Ron - it was great meeting you and
hearing your stories about your farm. Cabrina - you
are so brave to handle the second part of the trip on
your own. Devin is absolutely beautiful and will have
such a great life on your farm getting to know all of
the animals. -

Bill and Mary - it was such a pleasure meeting you
both. Mary - you are such a rock, I admire your quiet
calm and goodness. Gemma is just that a gem and I
can't wait to hear your stories about her growing up
and how excited your daughter will be to meet her!

XiXI - what can I say - you are so totally awesome
(have I used that word too much on this trip?). How
does anyone do what you do? Seriously, you do it with
such flare, such goodness, such professionalism! You
were born to do just what you do, I can't picture you
doing anything else.

I so hope we can all keep in touch, that would be a
really good thing.

Farewell to all, Godspeed, safe travels.

Ciao

K


____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

1 comment:

AmyO said...

Welcome back home!