Wednesday, December 12, 2007

guangzhou - last night

It is Wednesday night - our last night in Guangzhou.
It is very bittersweet. The swearing in ceremony at
the US consulate was today - it brought tears to my
eyes again - not sure why as the whole thing is a
"raise your hand, swear that everything you said and
wrote is true and then we are officially a family"
kind of thing. It is such a simple, quick little
thing after all of this long hard waiting - yet it
brought tears to my eyes because it is final. I am
now allowed to take this little one far far away from
the country that birthed her. She will have a good
life (at least I hope so and will try my darndest) but
still, it breaks my heart that she can't stay here and
have the same "good" life. It is a very strange
emotion.

We go to hong kong on the 11:00 train tomorrow
morning. NOt sure what we will be able to do there as
we are about tapped out in the finance department. We
treated ourselves with a nice dinner tonight at the
station restaraunt - a restaruant that has a separate
part that is actually a train car that is set up with
tables - we opted not to eat in there as it was quite
stuffy and too nice for gigi to be flooding the floors
with bits of spaghetti or whatever (I swear this child
is the messiest eater I've ever seen - I need a bib
that is like an apron and a tarp under her chair -
found rice in her diaper last night and she has on a
onesie and a top and pants - how in the heck did it
get in there???)
The food was fabulous and the wine was excellent (for
a change).

Our guides were fabulous - this trip was far better
than I expected. This trip I actually saw some of the
real China instead of all the "touristy" stuff I
experienced on the first trip.

Our travel companions were also wonderful. All 8
families were fabulous and we've all had such a great
time and such a wonderful experience. I hope that we
all stay close so that we can watch how well our
little ones grow up.

I will not have access to a computer (I don't think)
in HK so am signing off now. I am hoping to upload
pics and such to the blog when I get home and will
then leave it up for a few months before deleting it.

Ciao for now.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I've loved following your journey to Gianna! Please upload pics as soon as you can (okay, AFTER you get over jet lag and get them both adjusted to the time zone) so I can see more of your new little joy!

Stephaine