Monday, December 10, 2007

Gunagzhou - Tuesday

It has been a pretty easy few days in Guangzhou. A
lot has changed since 2002 but this is still my
favorite little area here on Shaiman Island. Things
do seem more expensive than I remember but I would
imagine that it is due to their ever progressing
economy.

Monday we visited the 6 Banyan Buddhist temple and we
were able to get blessings for the girls from the
Buddhist monk. It touched my soul.

It was also quite fitting that this exact temple is
where I received my first smile from Chloe. We were
climbing the 9 story pagoda and chloe was in the bjorn
facing me. As you climb up, the stairs get narrower
and the ceiling gets lower - it was towards the top
where I banged my head hard on the low ceiling and
Chloe started this belly laugh that was the most
magical sound I had ever heard; this was day 3 and she
had been extremely passive and reserved up until that
point. This was "fitting" because Monday, I was
climbing the exact same Pagoda but only this time
Chloe was climbing right in front of me. How cool is
that?

We then went to this shopping mall for jewelry. It
was very overwhelming so XiXi suggested we all stick
together. This place was unbelievable - I have no
idea how many floors it was but I thought she said it
was over 500 stores - they sold every type of gem,
silver, etc that you can think of all at wholesale - I
am very, very glad they didn't accept credit cards or
I could have really done some damage. I ended up with
a few sterling silver necklaces and some turquoise
beads that I will make into something that is yet to
be decided.

Today (Tuesday) we hang out in the morning and meet
everyone in the business center at noon - our guide is
going to the US consulate to get the paperwork done
and we must all be in the same spot and accessible in
case there are any questions. After that we get the
famous "red couch" picture with all the girls at the
White Swan then we are free until we meet later for
our last dinner with the group.

Wed is the swearing in ceremony at the US Consulate -
late afternoon- and everyone starts leaving from
airports and train stations at that point. We wait
until Thursday morning when we take the train to Hong
Kong around 11am - which should be interesting
considering the luggage we have to deal with!

Only a few more days and I can not believe its almost
over. It is sort of like the anticipation of Christmas
only to have it over and done with so quickly.

The girls are doing fine - Chloe is still Gianna's
personal entertainer on a daily basis and I am just
trying really hard to remember what a change this all
is for Chloe (and of course Gianna too).

We love everyone and hope to see you all soon.

K


____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

No comments: